“Device” refers to the handheld or tablet device through which you may be accessing and using the Services through a mobile version of a Website.
“Project” refers to the installation of solar panels on a Property by a Solar Installer (a “Solar Project“) or installation, repair or maintenance of roofing materials or gutters by a Roofer (a “Roofing Project“). Project also includes the plans for the Project, as created through the Services by a Solar Installer or Roofer.
“Property” refers to a residential or commercial property where solar panels may be installed, or roofing materials or gutters may be installed, repaired or maintained as part of a Project.
“Quote” refers to an estimate for completion of a Project created by a Solar Installer or Roofer and potentially delivered to a Property Owner.
- “Roofgraf Services” refers to the software services created by Enphase that allows Roofers to create Quotes for Roofing Projects, and related functions.
- “Solargraf Services” refers to the software services created by Enphase that allows SolarInstallers to create Quotes for Solar Projects, and related functions.
“Enphase” refers to Enphase Energy, Inc., a Delaware corporation. Where the present Policy refers to “Enphase”, it may refer to Enphase and / or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, officers, directors, subcontractors, agents, partners or representatives, depending on the context. Any reference to “we“, “our“, or “us” in this Policy shall also refer to Enphase Energy, Inc.
“Users” refers to anyone using any of the Services. In this Policy, a Website visitor or Services User may also be referred to as “you“. When a Services User has created an account and is logged in, they may be referred to as a “Logged-in User“. Where a Subscription to Services allows for multiple Users, additional Users may be referred to as “Authorised Users” (and in such case the User who created the account may be referred to as the “Primary User“).
The Services include the following types of Users:
- “Property Owner” refers to the owner of a Property who may be using certain of the Services to receive Quotes for Projects.
- “Roofers” refers to local contractors who are using the Services in various capacities relating to Roofing Projects.
- “Solar Installers” refers to local contractors who are using the Services in various capacities relating to Solar Projects.
In addition to the above-mentioned Users, there may be other individuals or entitles who interact with the Websites or Services. These include “Distributors” of solar installation kits or other materials, “Financial Institutions” which may provide financing for Projects, and “Utilities” who may be involved in the solar industry.
“Websites” refers to all of the Websites which are owned and operated by Enphase and which specifically apply to the Roofgraf and Solargraf services, and includes all their respective subdomains, present and future. Websites refers equally to desktop or mobile versions. The present Policy overs your visiting or use of any and all of the Websites. The Websites are currently limited to the following:
- “Roofgraf” located at the URL https://www.roofgraf.com/ and https://app.roofgraf.com/
- “Solargraf” located at the URL http://www.solargraf.com/ and https://app.solargraf.com/
By visiting any of the Websites and / or using any of the Services, by clicking or tapping the acceptance button upon signing up for an account, or by registering for an account, you agree to be bound by the terms of the Policy. By submitting Personal Information to us on a Website, through the Services or via other means, you consent to Enphase’s collection, use and disclosure of such Personal Information (as that term is defined hereinbelow) in accordance with this Policy (as amended from time to time) and as permitted or required by law. If you do not agree to all the provisions contained in the Policy, you are not authorized to use the Websites and / or Services. If you are an individual using the Services on behalf of a corporation or other registered organization (“Legal Entity”), you represent and warrant that you have the capacity and authority to accept the Policy on behalf of the Legal Entity, and hereby agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information on behalf of that Legal Entity.
Enphase reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to modify or replace any of the Policy. Any changes to the Policy can be found at this URL. It is your responsibility to check the Policy periodically for changes. Your use of the Websites and /or Services following the posting of any changes to the Policy constitutes acceptance of those changes. If there are any significant changes to the Policy that materially affect the way we treat your information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account, by posting a popup on our Websites, and / or by posting a prominent notice when you log in to your account for the first time following those changes.
If you have any questions about the Policy or if you wish to inquire about and / or access any Personal Information Enphase holds about you, please contact:
Enphase [email protected]
Enphase Energy Inc.
Attn: Legal – Privacy
47281 Bayside Pkwy.
Fremont, CA 94538
P: (877) 797-4743
General Statement of Privacy and Protection of Personal Information
Enphase takes your privacy and security of Personal Information very seriously. We have provided and will continue to provide a secure environment and this strict Policy that describes the limited ways the information is used and the limited access to such information.
This Policy covers the treatment of personally-identifiable information, i.e. any information that identifies an individual, or can be used in conjunction with other information to identify an individual (“Personal Information“) which may include information gathered by Enphase when you are visiting the Websites and / or using the Services. This Policy also covers Enphase’s treatment of any Personal Information that Enphase may share with its business partners or other third parties under very limited circumstances.
This Policy does not apply to the general practices and treatment of information (whether Personal or not) by third parties that Enphase does not own or control, including but not limited to any third-party websites or services that you elect to access through the Services or via a link from the Services (“Third-Party Websites“), or to individuals that Enphase does not manage or employ. While we attempt to facilitate access or link only to those Third-Party Websites that share our respect for your privacy, we cannot take responsibility for the content or privacy policies of those Third-Party Websites. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies of any Third-Party Websites you access. We have named and provided links to the most important of these Third-Party Websites elsewhere in this Policy.
In addition, this Policy does not apply to the practices of third-party contractors who may use our Services to collect Personal Information. For information on how a third-party contractor collects, uses and discloses Personal Information, please contact the contractor directly.
Personal Information Collected and Its Uses
The following is an exhaustive list of Personal Information collected from you when you use the Services and / or Websites and what we use it for. You acknowledge and agree that you are submitting this Personal Information with your informed consent.
- “Contact Information“: If you are a Financial Institution, Utility or any other company or an individual filling out a contact form on one of the Websites, you may be asked for Contact Information including your name, company name (if applicable), address, phone number, and email address. We only use this Contact Information to respond to your inquiry or request, and if you are a Financial Institution or Utility, to research your company to determine your eligibility to participate in the Services.
- “Quote Information“: If you are a Property Owner seeking a Quote for a Solar or Roofing Project, you will be asked for your full name, your email address, your phone number, and the address of your Property. This Quote Information will be transferred to other third-party Services Users (specifically Solar Installers or Roofers as applicable) so that they may contact you and submit a Quote. If you submit Quote Information, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to these third parties. If you are using the Draw My Roof Services, your Property address will also be used to facilitate using the Services.
This Account Information is used to manage your account, to verify your credentials for logging-in to the Services, to communicate with you information about your account, to communicate with you information about the Services, and to verify your eligibility to become a Services User in certain circumstances.
- “Billing Information“. “: If you are Solar Installer or Roofer paying Fees for your Subscription or addition credits, or other options, you will be required to enter the following information in order to pay the Fees: your credit card number, credit card expiry date, name on the credit card, and security (CVC) number. Billing Information is not collected by Enphase but is submitted directly to our third-party payment processor and only used to process the credit card transaction for your payment of Fees, and to facilitate repeat payments. For more details on the treatment of your Billing Information, please see the Secured Payments section further below in this Policy.
- “Customer Communications”: We may collect your personal information during communication with us regarding our services, including communication by technical support threads, email communications, or telephone calls. This information may be used to facilitate customer requests that you have or in the course of carrying out our Services for you, the exact nature of which varies depending on our relationship with you.
- “Browsing behavior”: When you use our website, cookies from certain advertising companies such as Google and Facebook are placed on your browser for the purpose of collecting information about your browsing behavior. This information is provided to those third-parties for the purpose of customizing advertisements that you may see on this or other websites. For more information about the specific cookies used, see our Cookie declaration.
- Conduct user surveys, and research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products and services;
- Communicate with you about Enphase and third-party products and services. For more information about use of your email address, please refer to the “Email Communications” section further in this Policy;
- Perform general User support; and
- Perform any functions as otherwise explicitly described to you at the time of your submission of your Personal Information.
- Where you have chosen to create an account and / or log in to certain of the Services using your Facebook or other social media account (“Social Media Service“), or choose to share Website or Services content through any Social Media Service, we may transfer Personal Information to the Social Media Service in the form of your login credentials if you are not already logged-in to the Social Media Service on the computer or Device being used. Your Personal Information is transferred securely and only used in order to log in and to verify your identity for the purposes of creating an account, logging in to your account, or sharing content.
- Enphase uses the Twilio for sending out of communications via SMS. Personal Information (your mobile number) is transferred to Twilio, but only for the purposes of sending out communications.
- Enphase uses Google Maps and other mapping and address services to help pinpoint your address when using the Services but no Personal Information is sent to these Third-Party Services, with the exception of your location, to the extent this is considered Personal Information.
- to facilitate your signing-in to the Services;
- to facilitate your payment processing for the payment of Fees;
- to keep track of your preferences while using the Services;
- to provide general internal and User analytics;
- to conduct research to improve the content of the Services using analytics programs as described above in this Policy;
- to facilitate online chat services; and
- to assist in identifying possible fraudulent activities.
In addition to the functions and uses just described, Enphase may also use your Personal Information you have submitted in order to:
Security of Information
Non-disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Except as provided in the next paragraph and specified elsewhere in this Policy, Enphase does not divulge any Personal Information gathered via the Services to third parties. Only the employees, representatives, subcontractors, officers, agents, or assigns of Enphase are responsible for the management and development of the Websites and Services, and only these individuals have access to the information collected there. These employees, representatives, subcontractors, officers, agents or assigns all have been instructed to comply with the Policy and are under contractual obligations of non-disclosure.
Transfer of Personal Information to Third-Party Services
Enphase uses certain “Third-Party Services” in order to augment the functionalities of the Websites and Services. When you submit Personal Information to us for the use of these functionalities you acknowledge and agree to the transfer of Personal Information to these Third-Party Services. The Third-Party Services used and the information sent to them and the purposes for their use are:
Email Communications and Compliance with Anti-Spam Laws
Enphase currently uses mailgun and other “Email Providers” to manage our mailing list and to send out emails. Personal Information is transferred to the Email Providers in order for the mailing list and email to function properly. Your Personal Information is only used for the proper sending out of email; the Email Providers do not use this Personal Information for any other purpose, and will not transfer or sell your Personal Information to any other third party. You may unsubscribe from receiving commercial or promotional emails from us at any time by following the link at the bottom of any email sent to you. Other types of emails, such as transactional, relational, and other emails related to the Services you are using will not have an opt-out option as they are necessary for the use of the Services. If you prefer not to have us share your email with selected third-party providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you, you can notify us at any time by contacting us at:
Enphase Energy, Inc.
Attn: Legal – Privacy
47281 Bayside Pkwy.
Fremont, CA 94538
P: (877) 797-4743
Enphase’s practices in regards to its email are designed to be compliant with anti-spam laws, specifically the law unofficially called “CASL”, or Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (S.C. 2010, c. 23) and the American CAN-SPAM Act. If you believe you have received email in violation of these laws, please contact us using the contact information further up in this Policy.
Enphase currently uses the “Third-Party Payment Processors” for processing of secured payments of Fees for purchases of Subscriptions and other purchases in the Services. When you make a payment of Fees through the Services, your Billing Information is transferred securely via SSL from the Services to the Third-Party Payment Processor being used. No Billing Information is ever stored on servers controlled by Enphase. The Third-Party Payment Processors have our permission to store, on behalf of Enphase, the data pertaining to the executed transactions by Users (including all Billing Information) with the goal of ensuring a secure method of payment and proof of purchase archive, allowing for the protection of Users, and for follow-up as needed. This data may be used for validation and registration purposes of Users, and to trace any fraudulent activities if necessary.
Limited Gathering of Information for Statistical, Analytical and Security Purposes
Enphase may automatically collect certain information using third-party analytics programs such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how our Users use the Services, but none of this information identifies you personally. For example, each time you visit the Websites or use the Services, we automatically collect (as applicable) your IP address, browser and computer or Device type, access times, the web page from which you came, the web page(s) or content you access, and other related information. We use information collected in this manner only to better understand your needs and the needs of the Websites and Services Users in the aggregate. Enphase also makes use of information gathered for statistical purposes to keep track of the number of visits to the Websites, the specific pages on the Websites, and Users of the Services with a view to introducing improvements to the Websites and Services.
In addition to the information collected by the analytics program as described in the previous section, we may also generate, use and disclose aggregated and / or anonymized information and statistics about the Services and Services Users for marketing and strategic purposes. However, no User of our Services will be individually identifiable from these aggregated and / or anonymized information and statistics.
General Information Transfer from the Services
Any information (Personal or not) the Services collect while you use them may be stored locally on your Device or computer and then transferred to servers controlled by Enphase, and Enphase may obtain this information as a result of the data being sent to our servers from the Services. The information, however, is only used (or not used) by Enphase as described elsewhere in this Policy.
Verification, Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
Individuals whose Personal Information is held by Enphase have the right to: (i) access and verify what Personal Information Enphase holds about you; (ii) ask for your Personal Information to be corrected or updated; and (iii) to withdraw your consent to the use by Enphase of your Personal Information and have it deleted from our records. If you wish to inquire about and verify and / or correct Personal Information Enphase holds about you, or if you wish to have all your Personal Information permanently deleted from our records, please contact us using the contact information further up in this Policy. Please note that deletion of your Personal Information may make it impossible for you to use the Services, or certain portions thereof, and Enphase and its Representatives accepts no responsibility for any damages, pecuniary or otherwise, resulting therefrom. If you request deletion of your Personal Information, Enphase reserves the right to retain some of your Personal Information for a reasonable time in order to satisfy our legal obligations or under a legal procedure of any sort.
Do not track signals
We do not track your online behavior over time and across different internet websites or online services. However, some of the third-party services we use may do so. If you want to prevent them from tracking you, you can do so right from your browser.
This section provides additional details about the Personal Information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (the CCPA), to the extent the CCPA is applicable to Enphase.
We collect Personal Information for commercial purposes described above. Enphase does not sell (as that term is defined in the CCPA) the Personal Information we collect.
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of Personal Information we collect (including how we use and disclose this Personal Information), to delete their Personal Information, to opt out of any “sales” of Personal Information that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at the contact information below.
We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, if available, including email address. Government identification may be required. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
Note that we are not able to provide access to Personal Information that we store on behalf of our third parties, such as contractors. If you require access or correction of Personal Information collected by our customers, you will need to contact the applicable organization directly.
Transfer of Personal Information Outside Your Home Jurisdiction
Services Users may access the Services from any country in the world, though in certain countries the functionalities of the Services may be limited. Enphase and its third-party vendors, including service providers and hosting partners, are located in the United States and Canada. You acknowledge that Enphase and our third-party vendors may be located in jurisdictions or countries where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your home country, state, province or other governmental jurisdiction, and consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to such countries.
Tracking Technology (“Cookies”) and Related Technologies
Enphase uses tracking technology (“cookies” and related technology such as tags, pixels and web beacons) on the Websites and in Services and by using the Services you agree to their use. Cookies are small text files placed on your computer or Device when you visit a web site, in order to track use of the site and to improve the user experience by storing certain data on your computer. The Website uses “session cookies,” (which improve your user experience by storing certain information from your current visit on your computer or Device while you are a Logged-in User) and “persistent cookies” (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them. These cookies help us:
See our Cookie Declaration within the Secure Privacy tool at the bottom of this website for more information.
Protecting your child’s privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us at [email protected] If we become aware that we have collected personal data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Risks Associated with the Internet and Wireless Data Transmission
Despite Enphase’s best efforts to ensure that third parties will not access or obtain your Personal Information through your use of the Services, complete confidentiality and security cannot currently be guaranteed on the Internet and / or where data is transferred via digital wireless technology of any type. Communication via the Internet or wireless data transmission is subject to interception, loss, or alteration. You acknowledge and agree that Enphase and its Representatives cannot be held responsible for damages resulting from the transmission of confidential information or Personal Information in this manner and that such communications are at your own risk.
Limitation of Liability
Enphase, and / or its Representatives, will not be held liable for any losses or damages (pecuniary or otherwise) resulting from the misuse of any information collected by any third party, or any misuse of any information collected through the Services not in violation of the Policy.
Compliance with Privacy Laws
This Policy and Enphase’s practices in general are designed to be in compliance with applicable privacy legislation in Canada, including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”, S.C. 2000, c. 5) and Quebec’s An Act Respecting the Protection Of Personal Information in the Private Sector (R.S.Q. c. P-39.1). If you have any questions regarding this compliance, please contact us at [email protected]
Last updated: March 17th, 2021